Saturday, December 11, 2021

Brrr

It's cold, and about to get colder.  Low 30s in the morning, not heating up much during the day, and snow is predicted to our level by Monday.  Just what did I expect?  It's winter!  Michael and I don't spend much time out on the porch, grateful if we find a patch of weak sunlight to sit in.  The cats are darned near tapping their feet, waiting for me to sit down so they can be full-time lap cats.  I don't mind...they warm me, too.

Ralph has become an obsessive muffin maker, pummeling my arm to the point I actually pulled up my sleeve to check for bruising.  What's with that?

There is a commercial running now in which a young boy invites his grandma to dance.  It sure brings back memories of my own sons.  At a certain age, after school they were each required to dance two dances with me.  As I told them then, "Some day you'll be glad you know how to dance.  Most boys won't, and girls love to dance.  You'll thank me then."  (I love to be right!)

I'm pretty frugal with the firewood, but I think I'm going to weaken and light up Stove today.  It's cold!

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: