Saturday, July 23, 2011

Nothing To Do

The To-Do List had reached double-column status.  Larry and I had been so busy racing from one task to another that I hadn't kept up with crossing off jobs as they were done.  Coming back up from the barn yesterday, I started erasing the completed chores, one after the other, and realized that the entire list was gone...there was nothing left on the board!  And Larry had even taken on some things that hadn't even made the list, like the feed barn doors and digging out around the goat pen gate so it would close better.  Other than watering everything, I had nothing to do all day but walk around and admire how nice everything looked...and nap...several naps, in fact.

Napping seemed to be the order of the day for Twenty-Two, also.  Getting born is hard work.  Making sure she had everything she'd need, I left Tessie in for one more day so she could get some rest, too.  When I went down in the afternoon to check on mother and son, I found Twenty-Two had wedged himself into one of the openings the squirrels had made under the barn wall and could go neither forward nor back.  What is it with boys?  Given the least opportunity to get into trouble, they jump on it or, in this case, into it.  Pulling him free, I put him next to his mama and he went straight for some comfort food.  I've got to work out a new schedule today, as I'll turn Tessie out with the herd and start bottle feeding Twenty-Two.

I don't think I can stretch that "nothing to do" into two days, but it sure was nice to lie back like the Lady to the Manor born for the day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Ah, Jack Bailey (or in this case, Larry) and "Queen for a Day!" What a GREAT feeling it must be to see that list gone, gone, GONE!! Lady to the Manor born...I like envisioning that - rather "Pride and Prejudice" like! Ya right - like THAT'S gonna last! But hopefully between feedings, you can still squeeze in a nap or two!