Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rainy Days & Mondays...

It poured rain all day yesterday.  Stumpy was stuck in the laundry room with four yeeping chicks.  The beautiful lilacs by the kitchen window are beaten down.  More branches and leaves cover the front yard.  I postponed a needed trip to town and tried to keep a fire going in the wood stove.  Going outside, I was met by soggy chickens and sodden goats.  Coming back in, I couldn't have been wetter if I'd stood in the shower with my clothes on.  I am a big fan of Celtic music, and have so many tapes and CDs I'm surprised Ireland and Scotland don't consider me an archive source; however, even that lively beat wouldn't lift the spirits on a day like that.  I'm tired of writing about the weather...I'm tired of the weather.

That said, the sun is shining brightly this morning, and the weather report says we're due for eighty-degree days this week.  Having raced and beaten the trash guy to the corner, I can say that it's still bloody cold out there and I darned near had to throw the truck into four-wheel drive to get back up the slushy road.  Nothing like a little fishtailing to get a jump start on the day. 

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Holy crap will your weather ever even out? My cousin in Fall River Mills, and a friend in Garberville both reported snow yesterday - that's May 10 as we all know...repeat MAY AND SNOW - IN CALIFORNIA!!! Where is the justice, I ask ya? Hope you have gloroius days this weekend for your big celebration. Seems to me that this May is a big birthday for "The Goat Lady of Farview Farm!" I hope you do it up in STYLE!! (Does that mean "Bedazzled Bibbies???")

Cally Kid said...

It's wet, cold, boggy and soggy in Ireland and Scotland which should remind you that even the mud-trodden find time for a little time for musical cheer. Of course I understand they drink alot too and that probably helps lifts their spirits as well. And the Russians drink their freezer-chilled vodka and do that funny squat-kick dance thingy. The Germans warm up with a shot of schnapps and dance the polka atop the tables (really...I've seen em do it). At NASCAR they drink whatever someone else brought and hug each other and say over and over and over again "I love you man!". The Swiss are more sedate...sucking on a Ricola and blowing on those big horns. I know cuz I watch TV commercials and they don't lie. All the bibbies I've seen have lots of pockets. Room for a beer in one, a pint of vodka in another, a shooter of schnapps in another and a little Tennesse whiskey to wash it all down. So, does all this mean you need to spend your day in an alcoholic haze? Probably not a good idea but you might forget about the weather until you wake up with a headache the next day, down an alkaSeltzer and head down to the barn and wonder why when you blow on the goats horns it doesn't make that rich, deep sound that the Swiss get from theirs.