Sunday, February 3, 2013

Gather Ye Rosebuds...

It's a good thing we were enjoying the breeze and the sunshine in the garden the day before because yesterday was overcast and cold again.  According to Punxsutawney Phil, the prognosticating groundhog, spring will be early this year, but just not yet.  It was a good day to stay in, try to get the wood stove going to warm the house again (hadn't needed it the few days prior), and make baked albondigas (spicy Mexican meatballs in a rich broth) for dinner.  There are leftovers for Superbowl today.

These photos were taken the night before (the pretty day) and in sequence in a matter of minutes.  I was awestruck as Bess and I walked out to tuck the critters in, and ran back for the camera.  These would have been published yesterday, but once again the computer and the camera weren't on speaking terms.
Just think of what I might miss if I didn't have nighttime chores.  It's so easy to overlook that which is all around us. 
If I hadn't been busy looking at the fire-in-the-sky show, I would have seen the portent of what was to come.  All the signs for the next day were right there in the lowering clouds.

It's light enough to get a glimpse of what today might be like; frost on the deck, but a cloudless sky.  It's going to be a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I guess "Gather Ye Rosebuds" could and should be a mantra for all of us...always! And your photos were GORGEOUS! I'm glad that your techie tools were talking to each other!