Sunday, February 17, 2013

In A Perfect World

In a perfect world:

  • I would not have forgotten to clean the catalytic converter in the wood stove the last time the chimney was cleaned.  Another chimney fire was narrowly averted last night.  (Won't make that mistake again!)
  • The morning lineup would alternate milkers and nonmilkers so my hands could get a break and I could do barn chores while the nonmilkers were on the stand.  After the first one that I bring in so she has no choice, the rest sort themselves out and come in any order they please.  Three milkers in a row makes for a tough morning.
  • Bessie Anne and I would not have gut rumbles at the same time.  Together, last night we probably burned a hole the size of Rhode Island in the ozone.

Ah, well.  Perfection is beyond our reach, and would probably be boring if we found it.  I'll settle happily for what I've got.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

So, So, So glad that the fire was averted - narrowly or not! Stay safe and warm!! And here's to a milker-mixup that works for you!