Saturday, December 21, 2013

Again

I have a love/hate relationship with elastic, especially waistband elastic.  We start out fresh together and everything is hunky-dory.  It grips gently and promises to give and take (expand and contract) with me.  I believe in long-term togetherness; bibbies and socks are about the only clothing items I actually wear out.  Sweatpants are brought out only in the wintertime year after year, and then are not exposed to the elements.  They are layered under bibbies and protected.  Why then do they turn on me?  It is the evil elastic that has waited for its chance at a wicked giggle.  Pants under pants are not going to fall to the floor (as has happened to me with other britches and elastic-waisted underwear more than once in the past), but the day comes that I notice an uncomfortable bunching of what had belonged at my waist is now down around my bum.  Yup, the elastic has let go again.  Droopy drawers under bibbies make a fashion statement appropriate only for a down-on-the-farm segment of "I Love Lucy."  Now if I can just remember where I put the safety pins.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Draw sting sweats for you, next time, 'Ol Droopy Drawers!!