Friday, February 7, 2014

Wet and Happy

Raindrops keep falling on my head, la la la!  The promised rain finally arrived yesterday and is continuing this morning.  It is supposed to carry on through the weekend and three to five inches of the wet stuff is predicted from two storms blowing into the Sierras.  I know, I know.  In years past I have complained bitterly (and will again) when we've had nothing but rain for weeks on end, but this moisture is so desperately needed in California.  The United States is topsy-turvy in terms of weather this winter and both east and west coasts have severe conditions.  For me, there is a particular benefit from these showers.  Since the turkeys have begun perching in the oaks, there were some pretty spectacular sploops on my truck.  The polka dots dropped by the sparrows and crows were penny ante compared to turkey graffiti.  It will be nice to see out of the windshield again.

The big hens either have waterproof feathers or enough sense to stay in their coop when it rains.  The Silkies are a bedraggled bunch in the evening, muddy and wet.  Even though the goats and Poppy have places to stay dry in their pens, they are natural complainers and express themselves in no uncertain terms as they push and shove to get into the barn at night.  Bessie Anne snoozed and I watched old suspense movies yesterday while keeping the stove stoked.  I'd forgotten just how good "Wait Until Dark" with Audrey Hepburn was.

It was a good day.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I have NEVER forgotten, that if I am blind, I need to make sure the refrigerator door is closed if I am being stalked!!! And is that the one where the money is hidden in a postage stamp????

Bo said...

No money. It was heroin hidden in a doll.