Sunday, June 29, 2014

It Will Pass

Stricken with a strange malady for the last two days that has caused uncontrollable fits of housecleaning, I can only hope it is of the 48-hour variety, as I'm about tired of it right now.  This totally unexpected illness came on without warning.  I suddenly found myself scrubbing floors, swiping cobwebs, and... wait for it... dusting!  I'm not even expecting company.  (I've been known to invite guests for the added incentive to dust.)  Like a summer cold, it will pass.

I did not see the dog again yesterday.  I absolutely hate the feeling of being on high alert, hypervigilant for sight and sound above and beyond looking for snakes, hawks, foxes, coyotes, mountain lions, and the dozens of et ceteras that might endanger my animals and fowl.  Milking, I darned near strained my neck while watching the goats up in the corner for any sign of stress.  The turkeys lounging about in the yard are my watch birds.  If they're still and peaceful when the chickens fire off, I know there's no immediate threat and the little girls are just cheering some hen event.

Babe is getting in a rut.  He shows up daily right around eight in the morning looking for Ralph, or perhaps just looking to see how the other half lives.  This is Babe's favorite corner.  He might go all the way to the end of the rail, but comes back here to stretch out.  Go figure.

Oh dear and drat.  That window I'm looking out needs washing.  That's a bad symptom and I'm still infected.  Maybe if I look the other way....

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Haha - you are so funny. I don't think I have ever been infected with that virus. Clean because it is past due...or clean because I am having company...yes...but to just clean without pre-meditation...nah!! That Babe is quite cheeky, eh?