Thursday, June 5, 2014

No Fair In Fair Play

Hearing the pitter-patter of little feet, I looked up to see this grey squirrel cruising through.  I don't know if I'm on the border of two warring gangs or if the tree squirrels and ground squirrels have formed a coalition.  Is this a cohort or the capo of an enemy crew?  Since the grey came in the morning and the brown comes in the afternoon, are they working different shifts?  The only thing I know for sure is that my plants are being decimated.  It's just not fair!

"Some assembly required."  Yes, well, I'll get right on that as soon as I figure out how to get the box out of the truck.  I bought a cabinet-slash-stand to put the new TV and associated appliances on.  A very nice, muscular young man loaded it up for me yesterday.  What was I thinking?  He had made it look effortless.  For me, it's going to take some effort.  When or if I get it into the house, then there will be the fun of putting it together.  With any luck, the instructions will be in English, preferably with pictures.  Two doors, umpteen adjustable shelves, fending off marauding squirrels.  It's going to be a long day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Ay-yi-yi!! Your deck "salad bar" must be being advertised far and wide. And I wish you luck with your truck-bed treasure. Push from behind until it teeters? Slide down? Roll to the house? No fair! Wish I were there to help!