Thursday, October 6, 2011

Frank's Way

Frank Sinatra may have done it his way, but we took the cue from our Frank yesterday.  The wind blew, the rain fell, the hail bounced, and it was a darned good day to curl up and nap.  Because the chimney hasn't been swept yet, I can't light a fire in the wood stove.  When I pulled the Snuggie out of summer storage, Bessie Anne joined me in the recliner, also wanting to cover up and get warm.  We all dozed off and on and watched programs I'd DVRd and saved just for such a day. 

Frank's bed is a hand-me-down from a much smaller cat and he could barely squeeze in.  Clyde, my daughter and son-in-law's cat, is totally wacky.  Spoiled and picky beyond belief, he has every toy and creature comfort known to man.  Frank and Pearl are the happy recipients of Clyde's rejects; in fact, both cat beds came from Clyde.  Frank might have been more comfortable in the larger of the two, but Pearl acted like she might want to get into the smaller, and sibling rivalry forced his hand.

Much as I'd like to, I really can't complain about the weather.  My timing was such that I missed the rain both in the morning and evening as I was doing chores.  The dust has settled, the truck is washed, and the world smells fresh and clean.  It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

It sounds like a wonderful day indeed. I can't help but notice behind Frank's head are what I call wooden "bobbins" and I've never seen them in use, but have several in that shape and other configurations, darkened with time or stain, and purchased one-at-a-time in antique stores. I use them as candle holders or just as decor in "vignettes" of antique dust-catchers. Fun to see how they might have been used in their heyday (And yes, Kathy V, I just Googled that, too, as I don't like to post errors if I can help it, and I had spelled it as 2 words! Bo has me, hands down, in the word department, which I love, but I feel I owe it to the blog to do my part!!)