Saturday, November 3, 2012

Coat of Colors

The oak, peach, plum, and cherry trees are changing into their fall coats.  The varieties of grape vines are likewise dressed in reds and golds.  On my drive to town the other day, pistache trees in the woods along the road blazed with their spectacular colors and walnut trees glowed yellow.  We may not rival New England, but until the branches go bare for the winter, our locals put on a pretty darned good fashion show in the fall.

The tractor and weed eater are home from the repair shop, looking good and running fine.  Greg and Joe worked some kind of magic because I've never been able to start the rolling weed eater on the first pull before.  It wasn't just me; poor Pete spent hours working with the darned thing when he was here, Larry had done the same, and I've always had to wait for one of the guys to start it each season.

Blanche DuBois may have "...depended on the kindness of strangers;" I am so thankful for the kindness of neighbors and friends.  Joel and Judy picked up a part I'd ordered for my truck while they ran errands in town and Jennie got coffee that I'd forgotten (it was at the top of my list) while she was shopping.  Two trips to town in two days would have been too much!  I replaced the module so I'm no longer in danger of being ticketed for a missing taillight, and the coffee will certainly brighten my mornings.  Color me happy.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I love good reports and "color" commentating...so I'm very happy to read of your successes and see the fashion show from your foliage!