Sunday, November 18, 2012

Location, Location, Location

Not sure that I should peek, and not sure what I'd find, I couldn't resist opening the medicine box to see how the baby mice (called pinkies or pups) had fared.  What I did not expect was nothing.  Nothing there.  No nest, no mice.  Had I imagined the whole thing?  Then, as I was closing the box, I spied the wipes tucked back behind the bottles of liniment and antiseptic wash.  Obviously, I had put the hastily created nest in the wrong place and the residents have relocated it and, hopefully, the babies.  I didn't want to disturb any further, so shut the door and wished them all well.

Lots of wind and lots of rain yesterday.  It was a good day for soup.  I made cream of broccoli and, as I found out in the evening, Deb had made a pot of split pea.  My mother had made soup on rainy days and it's nice to see that tradition carried forward.

The power went out in the middle of the night.  I am always so grateful to the PG&E workers who do their job in the worst weather conditions to get us back up and running with electricity.  I really do sympathize with those on the east coast who were or have been without power for so long.

It's still dark and wet outside.  Pearl just came back in after her morning constitutional, complaining loudly and demanding, as usual on rainy days, to be fluffed.  Frank is more of a do-it-yourself guy and rolls on the carpet to dry himself.  I am being called.  I must go.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

That's pretty good that our 4-legged friends, who have no human vocabulary, can say, "Jump," and we do, indeed, say, "How high?" I hope that Pearl got fluffed to her satisfaction :-)

And I'm tickled that momma mouse found a new house - at least I'm going to hold out the same hope that you did.

And yes, yay for PG&E. That CAN'T be a good call to wake up to in the middle of the night..."Get your pants on...you are going out in the storm!"