Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sock It To Me

I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack so I might as well 'fess up now and get it over with.  It's all my fault.  We have been enjoying the most beautiful weather this last week; cold, crisp nights and bluebird skies and shirtsleeve-warm days.  Sitting out on the deck has been so pleasant.  And I've ruined it all.  These lovely days got me thinking about doing some excursions and, since it's been awhile since she's been up here, I called my buddy Dolly and invited her for a visit.  Wouldn't you just know?  The very next day the weather report changed to rain!  She's sending it on ahead (due tonight), but it will definitely be raining when she gets here on Saturday.  How does she do it?  Fortunately, the outings we've planned are to a couple of historical museums in Placerville and, time allowing, a tour through the Gold Bug Mine, so rain won't affect us.  As long as I've lived here, I've never been to the museums in a town filled with history; it's about time.

I blew a day of gorgeous sunshine as I sat at the computer yesterday.  I received a twenty-page form from the US Government 2012 Census of Agriculture.  Response is mandatory by law, due February 4, and the questions are (in my opinion) far more invasive than those of the IRS.  Since much of my information is floating out in the ether following the demise of the old computer, I spent much of yesterday teaching myself a new spreadsheet program and locating and entering new data.  Aaargh.

As long as the day was shot anyway, I called Nikon and discovered I needed an updated version of their program in order to sync camera and computer.  The tech, in Pennsylvania, was very helpful but we had a communication problem in that she could talk faster than I could listen.  Mission accomplished and new photos transferred, I am finally able to show those doggone-good biscuits.

Any complaints regarding rain should be sent to the Farview Farm Complaint Department, headed by Ruth and Inga; they enjoy the taste of paper.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Yep, can't blame Dolly this time...and the biscuits are more than mouth watering. Kudos on the camera sync and boo...hiss...on long, invasive Government forms!