Saturday, January 28, 2017

Make My Day

And the saga went on.  The power steering problem continued yesterday so there was nothing for it but to call for a tow truck to get my vehicle to the shop.  And then I waited.  GPS is a wonderful device, but it is just a little out of whack.  I don't know how many times I've told others, "Use your GPS to get into the area, but then follow my directions for the last stretch or you'll be lost."  When they show up long after the estimated time of arrival, I hear, "But I followed the GPS."  Did they honestly think I would purposely mislead them?  I finally called the towing company and, sure enough, the driver had gone to the far end of Gray Rock.  Especially with all the rain we've had, there is a section of the loop that is absolutely impassable, and Tow Guy had to back his big flatbed up and out of there.  Dispatch redirected TG and he finally drove up my drive.  Upon opening Truck's hood, he discovered that the power-steering belt was completely off the pulley (that had come loose), loaded up Truck, and off they went.  The part that made me happy was that it was a quick, relatively inexpensive (a relative term) fix, and I was able to bring Truck home in the afternoon.  I love happy endings.

I so look forward to Saturdays..  My daughter gets up early and when she has time, she calls, usually before sunup as she did this morning.  Talk about "Make my day!"

It was and will be a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Aw I'm happy that you got your "Happy Talk" and that your truck's problem was minor. Here's to sunshine, warmth, and a continued great day!