Friday, July 30, 2021

Holding My Breath

Good old Truck.  Good old reliable Truck.   At twenty-three years old, things can get iffy and I had to take him in for a smog check.  'Please let him pass.  Please let him pass.' kept going through my mind.  Finally the nice man came back into the office, sat down, didn't say anything at first and then, "It's done.  You're all good,"  Whew! and I could breathe again.  Even  the man said he'd been worried.  We high-tailed it out of there like they could change their mind.

Later at home, Michael and I were just sitting, trying to cope with the heat, when he lifted his head.  That's about all he does to show interest.  I followed his gaze and there was a buck grazing on the marjoram in the front garden.  Not just any buck, this boy had a four-point, three foot tall rack.  I mean big!  You don't see something like that every day and it literally had me holding my breath.  Wow!

I'd call it a good day.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: