Sunday, July 4, 2021

Make My Day

("Sudden Impact," 1983, Dirty Harry's line.  Clint Eastwood.)

It's been a long time, too long, since I've seen any of my Kids, so you can imagine I was over the moon when Clay came up yesterday.  Over the moon, in seventh heaven, anything that describes euphoric, that was me.  Clay reckoned it's been a year and a half since his last visit.  Keep in mind he'd worked a sixteen-hour day the day before, so this effort meant a lot to me.

We sat out on the steadily warming porch and, as it was with Joan, we talked of everything under the sun...and laughed.  It's almost up there with laughter is the best medicine, topped only by seeing your Kid.  That's the cure for whatever ails ya!

Too soon, way too soon, Clay had to leave, hopefully to get some rest.  His goodbye "Love you," still echoes in my heart.

Stay safe.  Be well.  Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

So happy for you...and Clay!