Saturday, July 10, 2021

I Need A Keeper

Evidently I need a keeper, and Ralph has assigned himself in Charge of Sleep.   In addition to his duties as Nighttime Cuddler and Reveille Caller, he now has the added responsibility of determining when it's time to go to bed.  His internal clock is better than mine.  And how does he make the bedtime announcement?  At the self-determined hour, he jumps up on my lap and proceeds to march back and forth across my legs until I'm driven to distraction.  "Alright, alright!  We'll go to bed!"  Satisfied that he's done his duty, he then leads our small parade down the hall to the bedroom.  Go figure.  Ralph keeps me in line...and laughing.

I had nightmares about going to the lab yesterday after the debacle with the firetrucks, etc., last time, but one does what one must.  This visit went off without a hitch, and riding in the air-conditioned truck was a respite from this gawdawful heat.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: