Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Better Day

When the tree dropped yesterday, my spirits fell too.  I could envision myself in a high-rise condo with no yard work, no responsibilities, no gaping mouths to feed, going out for early-bird dinners, wearing dresses and pretty shoes, losing the calluses on my hands and getting my nails done.  Wake up, woman!  For me, that's not just a dream world, it's a nightmare.  Where would be the challenge or the joy?  What would be my purpose?  I'd be bored stiff in a week.  As has been said, "It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."

Tree Guy and Mrs. TG came late in the day to assess the latest project.  His first comment, "Well, we won't have to haul the wood very far to the woodpile."  (I knew he'd say that!)  It was the first time Mrs. TG had been here, and she noted the beautiful views, as do all who come here.  My response, "Yes, and more keep opening up all the time."  He and the sons will be back on Saturday.

My milk customer and I had one of those uniquely country-style conversations yesterday.  She also had a buckling born this year and needs to neuter him.  We discussed castration methods and timing.  She's never done it before and I've helped...let's see...twenty-one times so far.  I loaned her the Elastrator and bands to get the job done.  She'll come and help me when it's Twenty-Two's turn; it's a two-person job.  What would I have to talk about if I lived in that condo?

It took nearly all day to get my attitude adjusted after it had seemed my world was literally falling down around my ears.  It took that long to put it all back in perspective.  This is my world and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Today will be a lot better.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Now what would you do with those new bibbies if you lived in that condo? And remember, you hate shopping, and that might be required for new dresses and pretty shoes!! But there ARE compromises between high rise condos and Farview Farm...maybe someday you will find just the right one with just enough mouths to feed and just enough weeds to pull and just enough to talk about and just enough to blog about!!