Sunday, March 25, 2012

Win Some

The wind that had awakened me yesterday died down, but the sky remained heavily overcast.  Rain seemed imminent all day.  This did not bode well for someone expecting delivery of a refrigerator in the afternoon.  Like watching a spinning roulette wheel, I kept waiting for the ball and the first raindrop to fall.  Believe it or not, I won!  It stayed dry.  Delivery Guy showed up well within his window of time, hooked up the new (used) fridge, whisked away the defunct one, and drove off with a couple of buckets of eggs that would have gone to waste.  (I couldn't talk him into taking a Silkie rooster.)

After the excitement died down (hey, it's all relative and a matter of perception), it was a good day for piddly chores in the house, a good book, and a nap.  Even the wood stove cooperated.

It's raining today.  It's snowing!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

YAY for the easy and dry fridge delivery, and I did NOT see THAT coming - the SNOW, I mean!!