Saturday, August 11, 2012

And Now For the Weather

Seventy-four is a delightful temperature; not too hot, not too cold.  I like seventy-four.  Of course, that was outside at five-thirty this morning, and it was seventy-eight in the house.  Yes, I'm obsessing about the heat.  I know it is much hotter in the Kalahari desert, but I'm not there and I have to work with what I've got.  It was 108 in Diamond Springs yesterday afternoon.  I think that's hot.  I had escaped for awhile and went to Arden's for some great conversation, a wonderful lunch, and air conditioning!  Had it not been for my animals, I would have taken a sleeping bag and rented space on her couch.  As soon as I got home, Bessie headed for the pool and a cooling dip.  The cats walk around the outside of it and I'm sorely tempted to pick them up and dunk their furry little selves, but I don't have enough band-aids.

It is predicted to be hotter today.  I can predict a bigger whine tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

YOU DESERVE TO WHINE!! Bummer!!