Monday, August 27, 2012

Comfort Zone

Ahhh.  Thanks to the delta breezes, there was a dramatic drop in temperature yesterday and we all breathed a sigh of relief.  For the first time in I can't remember when, I didn't come out of the barn dripping wet from the inside out.  The girls waiting their turn frisked about like kids.  Large flocks of turkeys drifted through the property all day; they had been staying down in the shade of the woods during the heat.  I hadn't blamed the little girls for not wanting to sit in a hot box.  Egg production had fallen to one, maybe three a day.  Last evening I picked up eight!  The bird bath in the herb garden was a riot of activity with lots of splashing and chatter going on as the wild birds came to cool off.  We're all back in our comfort zone.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Ahhhh...I can feel your relief from here, and I'm sending cheers of hip, hip, hooray! I hope it keeps up, as you certainly deserve it. Here's to another and another and another!