Sunday, June 28, 2015

Visiting Hour

Early yesterday morning the two runaway dogs, the pug and the Pom, showed up on the deck right outside the door.  Bess told the repeat offenders in no uncertain terms that they should not be here and to go home!  Once again I was glad I live on top of the hill out of view from my neighbors as I ran out in my nightgown and a pair of shoes to try to pen the dogs.  Bessie had made believers of the duo and they took off running.  I'm not the only one in the area who has caught these dogs and returned them to the owner.  They need to be re-homed.

I much prefer this morning's guests.  It's been years since I've seen a buck with a four-point rack.  Earlier, a young doe had wandered by, heading for the herb garden.  My computer is in the perfect place to give me a view of wildlife and weather, and daybreak is the best time to see both.

It wasn't quite so hot yesterday, and there is a pretty good cloud cover today.  After several days of 100-plus degrees, I'm ready for a break.

Maybe I'll actually get something done today.  Or not.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I don't think I'd get ANYTHING done if I had your window on the world!! And those poor dogs - I hate it when you KNOW the owner doesn't care about the welfare of his pets! Argh!