Saturday, September 4, 2021

Just Ranting

Once upon a time there was a 'Do Not Call' list where one could report scam calls for follow up.  They were evidently so inundated by what are now robocalls that the service is no longer available.  I sure could have used it yesterday.  The first call came at six a.m.(!!), waking me from a sound sleep and scaring me silly.  It was a call to tell me there was 'suspicious activity' on my Amazon account in the amount of over a thousand dollars...they just needed to confirm my identity.  Yeah, well, I don't have nor have ever had an account with Amazon.  Click.  I received five more identical calls in the next four hours, all coming from different phone IDs.  Next came the robocall telling me my vehicle warranty was about to expire and needed attention to remain in effect.  The thing is, Truck is a 1998 and his warranty ran out years ago.  Aarrgh!

Then there are the calls for donations for this or that charity.  "Hello?"  "Oh, thank goodness you're pleasant.  You should have heard the rude lady on my last call."  Click.

As long as I'm on a rant, let's talk about TV commercials.  Bribing a kid who won't eat her broccoli with a French fry is just wrong.  Advertising chicken that has only been fed grain and no animal by-products is wrong.  On their own, free-range chickens are omnivores that will eat lizards, tomato worms, and sometimes each other.  I miss the Geico 'Hump Day' camel.

Well, I feel better now.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: