Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Unexpected

I had been fretting for the last few days about getting to the polls to vote.  Even though I might get to the truck, how was I going to get into the building to cast my ballot?  (Yes, walking is a problem.)  Back in the day, eligibility to vote came at age 21.  I'm proud to say I have not missed an election, local, state, or national in all this time and I sure didn't want to break that record.  I also like to vote in person.  I like the sense of community, the gathering of the people to make their voices heard.  Ah well.  So be it.

Cam called in the afternoon to say her grapes were ready for picking and I could send Chuck down on his way for the trash run.   I mentioned my frustration over voting and she sympathized.  Chuck did come by and I relayed Camille's message.  Well, who's going to pass up the offer of free fruit?  He came back soon, laden with the sweetest, juiciest, seedless green grapes.  I'll admit it, I gorged, and grapes were dinner last night.

Night was falling (comes earlier now) when Cam called again.  She was at the polling place and had found out they offer curbside service and did I want her to come get me.  Oh, yes, please!  She did and we made it with 13 minutes to spare.  It didn't take that long to fill out the forms and we were back on the road in no time.  You can imagine I was one happy lady.

The day was full of unexpected surprises.

It was a good day.

Stay safe.  Be well.