Saturday, September 25, 2021

Rambling

Now that it's officially fall, I have a hankering for a pot of dried lima beans and ham hocks.  It's the next best thing to a seasonal tradition, but I fear it's not to be.  I can't figure a way to make a little pot of beans and, being just one, it would take more than a week of the same meal night after night.  By then those beans would create enough methane gas to fuel a rocket ship and Michael would probably move out.

Either the weather has the vultures confused or the big birds have chosen a different meeting place to gather for their annual migration.  This event usually takes place about the twenty-first of September,  There are a few more of the big birds overhead than usual, but nothing like the massive numbers I've seen in the past.  Canadian honkers (geese) used to fly over in the thousands on their trek north or south, but no more.  I've seen and heard a couple of vees fly by, but that's it.  Another disappointment.

I don't know when or why I quit reading or working on crafts, but it's been years now since I've picked up a book or a hank of beads to turn into something special or put foot to the pedal of the spinning wheel.  I thought of the wheel the other day when I had brushed out another puppy-sized ball of fur from Michael.  What beautiful, cloud-soft yarn that would make.

I wait every week for the next episode of 'Vera,' a British mystery show on PBS, my go-to channel.  These are very involved, not bloody, murders set in gorgeous countryside locations.  I watch so many British productions that I'm no longer confused when drivers get out of the 'wrong' side of the car.  I'm a latecomer to 'McCloud's Daughters,' an Australian production, and am learning a new accent and idioms.

While I spend most of the day in my chair, my mind travels far and wide.  Keeps things interesting.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: