Monday, February 22, 2010

Open Letter To Alexandra

In reponse to your comment of Saturday, February 20...it was just what I'd hoped for when I started making these entries.  I firmly believe it is a truth that we can be homesick for a place we've never seen, nostalgic for an era in which we've never lived, or yearn for someone we've not met.  It was that truth that made me know I was home here before I even saw the house.  I had done the corporate thing, worked the high-stress jobs...and I was good at what I did.  But in the recesses of my being, I knew it wasn't me.  I realize and appreciate that I received an opportunity to step into a lifestyle that absolutely fits my needs and fills my soul.  It gives me immense pleasure to share my home and watch my guests shed their cares and accept the peace Farview bestows, and I wanted to be able to extend that feeling through writing about the farm.  Being here is like a step back in time, even for those who aren't old enough to remember "the good old days."  I appreciate everyone's comments...they let me know that perhaps I'm getting close to hitting the mark.

2 comments:

Kathryn Williams said...

Right ON the mark, I'd say - you Robin Hood, you! Thanks so much for taking your precious time to share with all of us!

Unknown said...

ABSOLUTE, CENTER/BULL'S EYE...and just so you know, i daily print out your blog and give it to several friends w/out computers - they then read it and pass it on - so your following continues to expand...