Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Good Day

What constitutes a good day?  So many factors are involved, and my own ideas differ from one day to the next.  Yesterday the sun was shining and I had time to sit on the deck and start a terrific new book after the chores were done.  My long-time egg customer came by and we had a quick chat before Sarah and her young friend arrived.  I had promised to teach Isabella (about ten or eleven years old) how to use the drop spindle.  Kids at that age are still unselfconscious and are willing to giggle at their own goofs.  Spinning on a drop spindle involves a lot of eye-hand coordination and I wish I could publish the pictures of Isabella's and Sarah's faces...perfect studies in concentration, but I didn't ask permission.  There was a lot of laughing going on!  When their arms gave out and they had given the process a valiant effort...with success, I might add...we went out to check on the girls, and Isabella was quite taken with Stumpy.  The days are getting longer, and after they left it was still warm enough to sit outside and read again.  One of my milk customers came by in the evening to pick up his week's supply.  Yes...it was a good day.

2 comments:

Kathryn Williams said...

Ah...contentment, success, sunshine, and time to relax...I think that qualifies for a good day in anyone's book!! I hope you get another and another and another.

Judy said...

I have vivid memories of your trying to teach Joan A. and me to spin. It certainly looks easier than it is!