Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I See The Light!

I hesitate to become too enthused because it may not last.  I almost don't want to mention it because I might put a jinx on it.  However, it is not raining and the sun is shining this morning.  Oh what the heck...WAHOO!! 

I have previously mentioned that I am not exactly the Fair Play fashion plate.  I would rather take a beating than go shopping.  Slogging through the wet has brought to my attention that one of my shoes has sprung a leak, which means a new pair of shoes.  Aaargh.  For years now it has been my practice to find a pair of shoes that fit, regardless of style.  Always low heels, always black, always sturdy.  And I buy two pairs at once.  One pair is for barn shoes, the other for go-to-town.  When the barn shoes wear through (as is the case at present), the go-to-town shoes become barn shoes and I go buy another pair just like them.  I don't have to make decisions, I don't have to try them on.  I can be in and out of the store in fifteen minutes flat.  The go-to-town shoes then become barn shoes and the new shoes are saved for leaving the property.  My game plan is sometimes derailed because the style is discontinued and that totally ruins my day.  Once upon a time, when I worked out in the real world and dressed up in suits and high heels, I found sling pumps that I liked and bought three pairs in different colors, red, black, and taupe.  This worked well until the morning I dressed in a hurry, drove the long commute to one of my consulting facilities, and someone pointed out that I was wearing one black and one red shoe.  That's me...a real trend setter. 

The sun is shining and, soggy socks or not, I'm going outside to enjoy it!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

What the heck...celebrate the sunny springtime...cuz I hate to tell you...but even tho you are "The Kick-Ass Queen of Farview,"...you are NOT in charge of the weather!! And there are lots of shoes sold online now, so maybe you can find your exact ones there, and voila, no shopping in the stores!

Cally Kid said...

iane, here is my suggestions for posting to your blog. I have created a simple process to post a comment. I write my blog in a Microsoft Word document. Then I do a "copy and paste" from the Word document to the Blog. This is important because the post process is sometimes finicky. I'm pretty sure the mean little blog gremlins appear and the text content you worked so hard to post just DISAPPEARS! In the words of Diane...."ARRGGGHHH". You have to be sure to pick your "Comment as" profile which for me is Google. A log-in window appears for my gmail.com mail account and I log in. I'm taken back to the blogs "Post a Comment" page. If the gremlins are sleeping or gnawing away at some other unsuspecting persons comment, then a series of letters appears that you must type into the box below them. If you are lucky, the comments are posted. If they are not???? Back to your Word document, Copy, Paste and pick your profile and log in again and type in the new verification letters and BAM! the gremlins wipe you out once more....that's ok...I'm not a quitter and I want to share my thoughts with the Goat Lady just like you all do, right? Go back to Word..Copy...Paste....and again,,,,and again,,,and again...you get the idea. The gremlins have A.D.D and will eventually go off in search of other less informed and determined victims. Actually, I'm successful after only one or two extra attempts.

Kathryn said...

Wow Mark...your gremlins are BAD. I also pick Google, but even tho I have to pick it each time, I don't usually have to log in from scratch, and now when I hit "Post Comment" it goes right to the squiggly word that I have to write in the box, and voila, I'm in!!

Judy said...

I have been a believer for years in keeping one's wardrobe simple. When I was teaching, I always bought two pairs of shoes in the same style at a time: black and navy blue. (Now retired, I have only black). Several times I went to school wearing one of each color. Rarely did anyone notice, however. On several occasions when I showed up with earrings that didn't match, I told the few who commented on the combination that I was setting a new style. Actually most of the students didn't seem to notice what I was wearing (as long as it wasn't really unusual) because they were very much into themselves. This is probably the case of most people.