Saturday, April 3, 2010

No View Today

The gale-force winds and pounding rain of yesterday have abated, but it seems we are in a cloud bank or ground fog today and there is no view from Farview.  I can't even see past the front pasture to the road.  I'm just hoping for no snow tomorrow that would impede the kids coming up for Easter dinner.  We did have snow on Easter one year in the past.  The grandkids were here, and I threatened to put out white eggs for the egg hunt...I guess I am my mother's daughter.  I'm sorry the Araucana hens have quit laying (the one or two I have left are a little past their prime).  They lay the most beautifully colored eggs...turquoise, pink, mauve, or green.  It was like an Easter egg hunt every day.

Pearl just came in from her morning constitutional, demanding to be "fluffed."  When Frank gets wet, he just rolls around on the carpet and dries himself, but Pearl is very vocal, running and stopping in front of me until I grab a towel and fluff her fur.  She is very much a girlie-girl, and "to the manor born."  She is the epitome of the saying, "Dogs have owners, cats have staff."

I know it's April, but I saw more robins the other day and a poem I learned as a kid keeps going through my head:  "March wind doth blow and we shall have snow, and what will cock robin do then?  Poor thing."  I haven't been to town to look for the dogwoods, but I'm hoping we're rather done with that.

No comments: