Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Weather...Again

Weather was the news of the day yesterday.  In the span of a few hours, we had torrential rain, snow!, sunshine, hail, more rain, more sunshine, and ended with light rain in the evening.  Stumpy must have thought she'd been caught in a revolving door, I took her out and brought her back in so many times. 

I do not hide my affection for mice, but I will admit to jumping and yelping last night as I put my hand into a laying box to gather eggs and encountered something furry and moving.  I did not expect a mouse!  I wonder if it had climbed in there to cuddle under the hen's wing to get warm on such a bad-weather day, and, if so, what did the hen think about that?  That's a children's book that nearly writes itself.

Bulletin:  it's raining.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

New book by "The Goat Lady of Fair Play"..."Eek, There's a Mouse in my Egg House!" Go for it, oh writer extraordinaire!

Linda Cox said...

Ditto what she said!

Cally Kid said...

Another title to your childrens book, written in a hen-house narrative, could be “Rump for Rent – Heating Free”. Of course with the mouse population it would have to be a Family Friendly bed-n-breakfast. All that moisture you’re getting is going to extend your green fields and hillsides with more blooming wildflower enjoyment and it means you don’t have to water your outdoor plants for awhile longer. One less chore delayed. In your own words “It’s a matter of perspective”.