Friday, November 6, 2015

Homecoming

Twilight was coming fast, as it does this time of year.  With the ground squirrels' booby-traps in the path, it seemed prudent to turn on the porch lights before heading down to the barn last evening.  All critters tucked in for the night, I was headed back up when I had to stop and just look for a minute.  The house looked so welcoming.  It had never warmed up much and I'd lit the wood stove early in the day, so I knew that warmth awaited inside.  I never go any farther away than the barn (trips to town notwithstanding) so it might seem strange to say I love coming home every night, but I do.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

It does look inviting..."no place like home"... No matter how small it is

Kathryn Williams said...

What a great outlook - and look of the welcoming home.