Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Stuff Of Dreams

Dreams.  Like time travel, you're never sure where you'll end up or who you'll meet in a dream.  I awoke this morning in a panic because I couldn't find a recipe for panna cotta.  (I've never made panna cotta.)  I'd been challenged to use lavender in a recipe of my choosing (I watch a lot of cooking shows) and panna cotta popped into my head.  I knew how I'd infuse the flavor and exactly how to make the presentation.  The problem was I had no idea how to make the darned thing.  I decided, because time was running out, to wing it and had the eggs, cream, and lavender blossoms heating.  I can't tell you how it turned out because I woke up.  Evidently the stress was too great.  What a way to start the day.

Who doesn't dream of a BFF (best friend forever)?  I've often wondered why it is that Cindy frequently stops to put her nose to mine before getting off the stand in the morning.  She is the only one in the herd to do so.  I also watch a lot of nature, wildlife, and veterinarian-type shows and recently saw a documentary on animal behaviors.  It seems that in a herd of horses, they will pick out a special friend and one of the ways they communicate this bonding is by blowing in each other's nostrils.  It was indicated that a horse will have only two or three BFFs in a lifetime.  Given this information, I am quite honored and touched to be chosen as Cindy's best friend.

It doesn't take a lot to please me.  The Wells-Fargo wagon (aka UPS) drove up just before sundown to deliver two new pairs of bibbies and I was thrilled!  To be honest, I get excited any time that brown truck drives up.  Why is it that denim gets soft and pliable and really comfortable and then gets holes?  It happens every time.  I make do with four sets, and two wore out at the same time.  Given the low temperatures now, wind whistling through the gaps made for a uncomfortable outing.  I've been working at it, and am happy to report that I could get a size down and they fit!  Before I can wear the new duds, they'll have to go through several washing to get them to at least bend at the knee.  I can wait, but I can dream.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Kudos on the smaller bibbies and on being Cindy's BFF! Interesting about horses having BFFs!!!