Thursday, November 19, 2015

Monkey Wrenches

Oh crum.  Just the other day I said that I liked Nature's plan of a couple of days of rain a week.  Now she's throwing a monkey wrench into my plans for Thanksgiving with the prediction of snow here next Wednesday and Thursday.  That's carrying things a bit too far.  Not all of my Kids have 4WD vehicles and my dirt driveway is pretty steep.  I've got to do the "big" shopping down in Cameron Park today, so I'll just carry on like I had good sense and hope for the best.  Once the supplies are in, it's not like the holiday cooking can be postponed.  I wrote out the grocery list a couple of weeks ago.  All I have to do now is find it.

Whatever project I had in mind for yesterday got put on hold.  I finished the last page in the book by one o'clock, but then remembered it was bill-paying day.  I'm always glad when that's done, but it is depressing to watch funds bleed away in the process and it always takes longer than one would think.

The computer desk is just a step away from the bed, situated facing southeast so I can see the sunrise and a lovely view of the hills behind the monitor.  Periodically while I'm working, I will feel the lightest, most gentle touch on my shoulder.  Ralph, yes, rowdy Ralph, has stretched out one paw to pat me as he stands on the bed behind.  Swinging the chair around, I invite him to sit on my lap for a cuddle.  He usually accepts, but Ralph never stays in one place long.  He's a very busy boy.

I'd better get busy, too.  One never knows how many monkey wrenches will be thrown into the works today.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Holding good thoughts that you won't have to ferry the ones without 4WD up the driveway a couple at a time with your truck - provided they can get to the bottom of your driveway!!!