Monday, November 2, 2015

Hitches In The Git-Along

I got a pretty good indicator early on how the day was going to go, and I do mean early on!  Woke up at 4:30, not such a big deal.  Only when I sat down at the computer with coffee in hand did I realize I'd not changed the clocks to Standard Time and it was, in reality, only 3:30 a.m.  Aargh.

The next glitch was the computer that refused to acknowledge me and would not let me log in or retrieve email.  Writing the blog was out of the question.  Russell in Technical Support and I spent a couple of hours trying this and that without success.  We went through Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.  I was feeling like a dispossessed person thrown out into the cold when Russell put me on hold ("Noo, don't leave me!").  He came back with the news that it was a HughesNet problem that had been recognized universally and they were working to fix.  At least it wasn't against me personally.  They did not, however, get it fixed yesterday.

Rain started falling (a good thing) before I'd gotten the feed unloaded from the truck.  Nothing quite like hugging a 50-pound wet bag of scratch to your chest or dragging a 75-pounder into the shed in a drizzle.  Of course I'd forgotten to bring the hand cart up from the barn the night before.  Happily, the rain had stopped at sundown (no sundown to see) so the girls went into the barn easily and it just meant an extra trip to bring up the hand cart and trundle the goat chow back to the barn.  Oh well, a minor glitch.

On Halloween, being the adults we are, Linda and I decided to take our glasses and go trick-or-treating at Camille's.  I called ahead to make sure she was home; she was not, so I left a message.  Cam called back later and said she and Honey wanted to trick-or-treat at my house.  As I'm short on costumes but long on hats (cowboy hats, Davy Crockett hats, fedoras, Red Hat hats, etc.), I grabbed the chicken and pig hats so we could get in the spirit.  (I couldn't post the picture yesterday because I couldn't post anything.)

There's just no way to get around the fact that my cats do not like Luna.  It's not like they will accept any explanation or request to "just get along."  Bessie Anne backs up her team as The Enforcer.  After a particularly bloody encounter, Linda now takes Luna to work with her and for that period, there is peace in my valley.  Luna is a sweet girl and I feel bad for her.  There was a brief spat in the hall just now.  I hope that's the only hitch in the git-along today.

It's raining.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Yes, missed you yesterday....WAVE here, my WiFi connection seems to have to take a break everyday, and I shouldn't panic, but I do..assuming I did something wrong. But finally calls to Kirkland,Wa, assures me, it is not my fault. Relief!
So nice to hear rain on roof....