Sunday, January 31, 2016

Street Creds

Crum.  My credibility level with the big and little girls dropped yesterday.  Silly me, I listened to the weather report and followed the phone app and shut the coop door and left the play yard gate open because "rain will come by 2 o'clock."  I'm pretty sure I had the kids convinced I had a grip on the weather and knew strange and wonderful things and, best of all, I was in control.  (I almost convinced myself.)  These clouds at sundown were as close as we came to rain all day.  To add insult to injury, the skies opened up during the night and it's still pouring.  How am I going to get my street creds back?

I wasn't the only one thinking of liver this week.  Jacques Pepin is one of my most favorite chefs and wouldn't you know yesterday's episode of Heart and Soul featured liver?  (He also cooked pig feet and tripe.  I will never get that adventurous.)  Lacking the main ingredient for what I wanted, I settled for oatmeal with dried cranberries last night.  I don't eat breakfast in the morning, but love breakfast for dinner:  oatmeal, bacon and eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage and hominy.  My mother might have been German, my dad was pure country.

Muffled, constant crying from the hallway.  There was Celeste with her mouth full of a toy that Ralph was trying to take away and she was ratting him out.  Siblings.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I took a page out of your book and had breakfast for dinner after having read the blog. Thanks!