Friday, August 6, 2021

Bonanza!

Did I say I craved fresh?  Well, I hit the mother lode of fresh!  Another call from Camille, another, "I'm going shopping.  What do you need?"  She told me where she planned on stopping on her way back from Sacramento and if I could have, I'd have danced a jig.  In summer, Hwy. Sixteen is a veritable farmers' market.  There is a particular strawberry stand renowned for the most perfect, big, sweet and juicy berries.  There's never a dud in a box.  Steve stopped there so often and we ate so many that we both ended up with a strawberry rash.  With much restraint I said, "Just one, please."  One must know one's limitations.

However, I lost it when Cam said she was also going to stop at Davis Ranch.  People come from far and wide to buy produce at Davis Ranch.  What began as a sweet corn stand has expanded and become a cornucopia of vegetables, all picked fresh daily.  I started by telling Camille, "Just four ears of corn, please," and then lost it.  "Oh, get me one or two of whatever looks good."

I'm going to overdose on fruit and vegetables.  Camille had also stopped again at the peach orchard, and bought a flat to split.  There were strawberries, a honeydew melon, red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, yellow summer squash, sweet corn, of course, and right now I can't think what else.  It took several trips to get it all into the house.  This personal shopper business is great!

It was a good day.

Stay safe,  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh that sounds WONDERFUL. Go ahead...be a glutton!!!