Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Dull Is Dandy

Under the circumstances, an uneventful day is just fine.  What is shown on the news is very unsatisfactory regarding our area as the attention is now elsewhere, but in a way it's a case of 'no news is good news.'  It means we're not in imminent danger.  Yay.  The fire is raging up toward Kyburz and again, bless the firefighters.

A friend stopped by.  It was as I feared.  He and his wife did evacuate and are staying locally, but he is not allowed to go back to his house.  He has sneaked past by hiking up to check on things, but cannot drive up his road.  Florence and Dan must have done some smooth talking to come here.  The word is that the evac orders may not be lifted for a month.  Aarrgh.

One can live under sustained stress just so long, so a dull day was just fine with me.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Wanted to tell you that for Christmas I got my kids and myself the Patriot Solar phone charger. Pretty nifty to just set it in the sun and voila, you have a charger for your phone when your power goes out. We seldom have power outages so I haven't needed it, but it seems like it would be perfect for those who lose power and don't have generators.

My cousin's daughter-in-law's folks have a place in Kyburz...yikes. And my niece evacuated from somewhere on the west side of Tahoe! Glad you are safe. Hang in there.