Saturday, August 14, 2021

Do Not Disturb

With soaring temps, there's only one place you can find me... asleep in my chair.  Sleep is the only way I know how to escape.  Actually, don't worry about disturbing me because it's never a deep sleep and once a welcome phone call is over, sleep, like the heat, descends and I'm gone again.  Sure doesn't leave much blog fodder.

Arrangements have been made to rehome the girls.  All that remains is transport.  Their new place sounds heavenly, and they'll be joining a herd of 17 other goats.  They deserve this.  It has me thinking back to the day when it took me all of 10 miles to convince Steve that we needed to get a pair of goats, Lucy and Esther.  Little did I know what adventures lay in store.

Smoke from the northern fires blankets the hills and valley.  While not a good thing, it does provide some blockage from the direct rays of the sun, the worst of two evils.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: