Sunday, August 15, 2021

Burp!

Oh, excuse me!  That came out of nowhere, but should have been expected.  Florence and Dan stopped by in the late afternoon and brought dinner!  What a treat.  Lack of appetite has been an ongoing problem for some time, but you'd never have known it if you'd seen me tear into that box of KFC  All conversation came to a halt as I crunched and munched and wiped greasy fingers and mouth.  Omigosh, it was so good.  What I couldn't finish then kept calling my name later in the evening...nothing left but bones and empty containers now and I make no apologies.  A huge thank you to my friends.

Sheila and Tessie are scheduled to leave today.  Catching two goats in a large field is going to be quite a production.  I think the trick will be treats, and goats' natural curiosity.  I'll be sorry to see them go, but happy they're going to greener pastures.

Today is supposed to be the worst of the latest heat wave.before we get a break.  Dave thought he might come up, but I gave him the choice to opt out, as much as I want to see him.  It's not true that misery loves company.

I think I dreamed of fried chicken last night.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

So glad you got your KFC fix!