Thursday, August 5, 2021

Kindness

One of my biggest issues right now is walking, so I don't do much of that anymore.  Getting around the house is hard enough, and I was worried about getting the trash down to the big road.  Swallowing my pride, I finally asked a seldom-seen neighbor if he would consider swinging by on his way down and take my stuff with his.  "Consider it done," and he did and will.  Nice man.

What with one thing ad another, Camille and I don't talk often these days, and it's been ages since we've seen one another.  She called yesterday.  "I'm shopping at Costco.  What do you need?"  She was whizzing around in one of those electric carts, and I got a running commentary as she cruised the aisles.   There were only a few things I really needed, but anything fresh was high on the list, and bananas sounded good.

When she came by later, she'd also stopped at a local peach grower and she shared a couple of his renowned bounty.  (I traded her some yakisoba packets.)  The best part of this home delivery was that Cam had time to sit and have a long-overdue conversation.  Due to Covid, it's been ages since we've seen each other and it was so pleasant to sit on the porch and play catch up.

The first thing I did when she left was bite into one of those perfect peaches.  With juice running down my chin, all I could think of was my kind friends.

It was a good day.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Glad you were able to avail yourself of help...and got peaches out of the bargain!