Sunday, August 29, 2021

Good Tidings

Dave, one of my avid fire watchers, excitedly called early yesterday morning.  "Mom, there are no fires at all in your vicinity!"  I had already noticed that there was little to no smoke in the air for a change.  That, and Dave's news, finally allowed me to take a deep breath.  What a relief!

I scared myself silly in the afternoon.  I was in the kitchen and glanced out a window in the breakfast room.  Oh no!  I saw two patches of bright orange across the road on the hillside.  OMG, not only fire, but fire so close to home.  I thought, "Well, we're for it now."  Looking closer, the patches weren't moving.  Oh good grief, they were patches of sunlight, something I hadn't seen in a long time.

There's some smoke today, not bad, but there.  I'm going to hold onto the good thought.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: