Monday, August 16, 2021

Two For Two

Dave decided to ignore my heat warning and came up anyhow, a tremendous, welcome surprise.  If I've missed anything during the pandemic, it's been my Kids.  Oh, we've kept in contact, but a text or call just aren't the same as a face-to-face visit.  Dave, always generous, arrived bearing gifts.  Some necessities, some luxuries, and a bag of deconstructed tacos.  In a recent conversation, I mentioned I had a craving for Taco Bell tacos...it's been years.  All the fixings were in the bag in little containers.  All I had to do last evening was put them together.  Yum!  KFC one night, Taco Bell tacos the next.  I'm living high on the hog here and shall become positively portly.

It was grand to spend the better part of the day with my son and really get caught up.  During our time together, I received a call from Larry, my Kid in Hawaii.  It was almost like a reunion.

Later in the day, Florence and her crew of goat wranglers came to pick up the girls.  With their departure, it is the end of Farview Farm as a real farm.  I think of all the animals and fowl I've had over the years, and I'm sad, but it's for the best.  All things in their own time.  Florence sent me photos of Sheila and Tessie's new home.  Beautiful manicured acreage and a barn that is the equivalent of the Taj Mahal.  They'll be happy there.

It was smoky yesterday, but nothing like today,  There are fires burning to the north and east of us, but I don't know yet how close.  Smoke is so thick now it hangs like a heavy fog.  I can barely see the hills across the way.  Scary times.

All in all, it was a Grade A day.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

So glad for Sheila and Tessie, and glad that you don't have to worry about them. I heard the fire was in the Placerville area. Stay safe.