Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Light My Fire

(Light My Fire, The Doors, 1968)

It rained almost all day yesterday.  Michael didn't dawdle on his outings, but we still came in thoroughly chilled.  The time had come to light up Stove.  I'd been making do with a puffy jacket (in the house) and the heated beanbag, but it just wasn't enough with the dampness.  Bringing in wood is more of a challenge this year.  Difficulty walking will do that to ya, but I got the job done.  After a year, I had to rethink Stove's intricate flue system...open this thingy and that, make sure the other doohicky is closed...okay, go for it!  Boy, it sure felt good.  Ralph and Celeste finally peeled themselves off my lap and stretched out before the hearth, and Michael lay full out instead of lying curled up in a ball with his tail covering his nose.  They probably wondered what took me so long to light a fire.

The sun is out today.  Stove may get another day off.

Stay safe.  Be well (and warm).

1 comment: