Sunday, November 14, 2021

Things That Go Bump

What was that?  I know I heard a sound and thought it was out on the deck.  It could have been a wind or maybe one of Missy's friends come for a snack from her bowl.  Oh well, it stopped, whatever it was.

No, wait, there it is again.  Hmmm.  I don't think I like strange sounds on a dark night.  Volume off on the TV.  It's coming from there...no, over there.  No, wait, it's something rolling on the roof.  Oh crum.  What is it?!

I don't know what it is, but something has moved into the attic (crawl space) and is rearranging things to suit itself.  The living room has a pitched ceiling, thus the rolling sound.  I am faced with a real conundrum.  I sure can't get up there myself, and the space is too tiny for a grown man.  I can't send one of the cats up there to dispatch the critter, and wouldn't anyhow.

The Uninvited (great scary 1944 movie with Ray Milland and Ruth Hussey) appears to be nocturnal.  Not exactly how I want to spend my evenings, listening to things that go bump in the night.  I really have to give this some thought.

Stay safe.  Be well.