Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Wait, Wait!

Song for the day:'Wasted Days and Wasted Nights,' Freddy Fender, 1974.

Eight o'clock came...and went.  Then 9, 10, 11 o'clock.  No technician.  A little after 11:30, I got a recorded message saying the technician had been delayed and would arrive at 1 p.m.  About 1:30, a real live person called to tell me the appointment had been cancelled and would have to be rescheduled.  "When?"  "Next Monday."  Aaargh.  A whole day wasted waiting.  There's nothing n my life that can't be put off, but it was the principle of the thing.  I didn't want to get started on something and get interrupted.  I'm a good example of the theory that a thing in motion tends to stay in motion, and a thing at rest won't do a darned thing (my version).  The call did allow me to give directions, although it was tempting to let the next guy sit on a washed-out road waiting for help;  Naw, I'm not that mean.

I was entertained throughout the day by marathon reruns of "Third Rock From The Sun."  I watched that series back in 1996   I'm not much of a one for comedy shows because most, in my opinion, are just inane, but I still laugh at the antics and witty dialogue of John Lithgow and the cast.  The day, overcast and chill, wasn't an entire waste.

The hiccup in the DVR hasn't gone away.  All I can do now is wait for next Monday.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: