Monday, November 1, 2021

Rolling The Dice

Boy, you just never know what you're going to get.  After several truly lovely days, yesterday started out misty, not quite foggy, and chill.  It never did warm up much and we didn't sit long on the porch even after the dampness went away.  I had gotten so much done on Saturday and was still fired with ambition yesterday...until I got up and moving and the body said, "Enough!"  I listen to the body.

The dreaded time change is coming soon and I'm already working up a good mad.  It's dark late into the morning now and it's just going to get worse.  I'll never understand what Daylight Savings Time is saving me from.  Sigh.

My satellite service is sending a technician out today, due sometime after 8 a.m.  I sincerely hope I have an opportunity to give the guy directions.  GPS always sends the gullible up to the far end on the Gray Rock loop, and I'm not lying when I say you can't get here from there.  The road is nearly impassable at the best of times, and will be impossible after that deluge we had.

The one highlight yesterday was a call from Tinka in Louisiana.  She always lifts my spirits.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Always fun to hear from our Louisiana contact. I agree that Daylight Savings Time is crazy, but I THINK you are going to have more light earlier in the morning, and vice versa at night. So hopefully that will make your mornings brighter...if I'm right!