Thursday, November 11, 2021

Workin' It

Dang it!  I took a couple of good photos of Michael yesterday and wanted to share them, but, and it's a big but, thanks to a few 'updates' to the system, I can't.  I'll work on this and try again soon.

Michael is so darned smart and he knows how to work it to his advantage.  When we go outside, I sit on the porch and Michael does his thing.  The routine had been that he'd hit the bushes first thing and do his business, then we'd sit awhile together before going in, timing of my choice.  Well, he decided that he could extend our time by telling me first that he didn't need to go, he just wanted to sit with me and enjoy the view.  That was alright with me, we do that anyhow, and then go in.  Now we go out, he says he just wants to sit, we sit, and then I'll say, "Well, what do you think, ready to go in?"  "Oh, no!  I have to find a bush, Mom, now!"  Then, of course, we have to sit a bit longer.  I wish Michael could go outside on his own, sans leash, but he has a penchant for going down to the road and I can't let that happen.  Well-meaning people up here pick up any "stray" dog and take them to the pound.  Facebook is full of such incidences.  It costs a bundle to get the animal out, not counting the worry because they didn't come home.  Don't tell Michael I'm on to his plot.

Ralph has started something new and it happens every day.  He'll come up on the arm of my chair, reach over, and start making muffins on my arm...that kneading thing cats do, and he really works at it.  I wonder what he's thinking as he pummels, staring off into nothing, and why start this now.

Many thanks and appreciation to all veterans, today and always.

It's going to be another beautiful, sunshiny day.  Yay.  We'll spend a good portion of it outside, I know.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: