Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Snow Big Deal

The top three photos were taken from my front porch this morning, and the one on the left is the blooming forsythia on the deck.  I took photos because I had nothing else to do.  The power went out shortly after I got up...but while I might (and did) whine, I really had nothing to complain about.  I got the coffee made and the toilet flushed before it all went dark.  Slogged down to the barn and did chores, and when I came back to the house...ta da!  Let there be light!  Power had been restored.
As long as I'm mentioning the barn, I'm going to expound on a personal theory of mine.  I firmly believe that God is a man.  Any female who has been on a long motorcycle ride out into the boonies, gone hunting at the crack of dawn, or had to drop her drawers in the snow knows that if She were female, She would have planned things differently!  (Too much coffee, okay?)
Passover dinner at my friends' home was cancelled this year because the flu/cold that's making the rounds caught up with Joel and Judy.  I've been so honored to be included at this event...and it is so special.  I missed the camaraderie, the ritual, and the food!  Just as I've come to love Scottish haggis and tatties and neeps, I so look forward to gefilte fish, brisket, noodle kugle, matzo ball soup.  And Japanese mochi, sashimi, sukiyaki.  I might as well face it...I'm a foodie!  My friend Linda sent me the recipe for olive oil matzos, and I made them for the first day of Passover...wonderful crisp crackers that I made with a blend of whole wheat and white flour and a sprinkling of sea salt.  Easter is coming, and I'm already looking forward to that dinner...and my family. 




1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

OMG - is there ANYTHING you don't eat??? Actually, I applaud you, but some on the list sound yucky to my naive pallette. Hope your spring comes...sometime. We will be there a week from this Friday and I didn't plan to pack my long johns - it's Spring, for God's sake!!