Monday, March 8, 2010

Timing Is Off

Nature and NASCAR are out of sync.  On a day when I could, should, and want to be outside in the sunshine, it's race day and, loyal fan that I am, I stay inside with D. W. and the other "boogity boogity" boys.  This morning it is again cold and overcast and I'm going to be stuck in the house, like it or not. 

Yesterday held such promise, too.   In the early morning, the jackrabbits held a bunny convention in the front yard and when the meeting was over, I watched eight or ten of them using the driveway like a freeway at rush hour.  It appears they prefer to use a "road" rather than go cross country.  Down in the barn, a black-and-orange towhee joined the ranks of the sparrows for breakfast.  I must have blinked...in what seems like one day, the huge oaks went from totally bare branches and stark silhouettes to heavily laden with leaf buds on every twig and a softened outline.  About the only productive thing I did all day was to accept the challenge of changing the dryer vent hose.  I had concerns that I would get it taken apart and not be able to put it back together again.  Me, working in a confined space, was challenge enough, but all's well that ends well.  Since it's threatening rain again today, at least my timing was good.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Well...I think you have had enough sadness and gray days for a long time, so here's to spring finally making a lasting appearance, the little girls and Frederick getting their courage and freedom back, and the sun being more powerful than the gray, wet skies that are wrestling with it for top billing!