Monday, March 22, 2010

Totally Messed Up: The Sequel

I've got to do some kind of reality check!  As Yogi Berra said, "It's deja vu all over again!"  Last week I mixed up Sunday for Monday and made a futile trip into town.  Yesterday I knew it was Sunday (NASCAR...yes!), but I almost waited too long to get to the feed store.  I'm used to telling time by the sun, not the clock.  Last week I missed trash day because I slept until almost 6, and I determined not to do that again.  Today I was so proud of myself...got up extra early and loaded up the truck in the dark.  Got down to the big road and was amazed that I was the first one to get my barrel out...that never happens.  Well, of course I was first.  It's Monday and trash day is Tuesday.  Duh. 

It's going to be hard to say goodbye to Uma and #21 today...they're so darned cute.  They are the same size as little stuffed toys, and unbelievably soft.  I could fit both of them into a grocery bag.  Their face markings give them little smiley faces with bright button eyes.  Just like human babies, they are born with blue eyes.  At two days old, yesterday they were giving little baby hops and leaps, and Uma curls up in Sheila's food bowl for her naps.  I've always kept the kids until they were weaned at two months, and I'll miss holding these little ones for bottle feeding and cuddling.  Sheila and I will go through the pangs of loss together.

There's no sense wondering what tomorrow will bring...I'll just wonder what day it is.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

If it's Tuesday...it must be Belgium!!! And my heart goes out to Sheila, but maybe she will have a short memory. It DOES seem harsh, but like you said, it's life on a farm!!!